What age is appropriate to start gaming?

My kids all started gaming at around the age of 3 years old and I know I was the same age when I started gaming as well.

I would say as long as supervised, 3 years old is an ideal age.

What age do you think is appropriate for kids to start gaming? Which games would be recommended? Which would be avoided?

Well, as long as the kid is not going to be distracted, I think letting the kids start playing games as early as 10 is not bad. There are tons of games that are worth playing during those periods of their lives.

I started playing games at the age of 4, started with the blue blur himself Sonic! I think 3 or 4 is a good age for kids to start playing video games, I highly recommend platformers like Sonic, Mario and Kirby. Pokemon is a great way to get kids into RPGs.

Well, as long as the kid is not going to be distracted, I think letting the kids start playing games as early as 10 is not bad. There are tons of games that are worth playing during those periods of their lives.
My immediate sister allowed her son to start playing game at the age of 9. She made him promised to be doing well in school and also being an obedient child if he wants to continue playing game or else she will stop him from it. Actually, he kept to his promise. He has been a good boy and also enjoying his game.

I would say around age 3 or 4, whenever you can somewhat understand what you can do.
I agree. I started playing games around this age. I remember playing my first couple of games on Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo 64.

My nieces and nephews also started gaming around this age. They all started by playing Roblox and Fortnite though.

I agree. I started playing games around this age. I remember playing my first couple of games on Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo 64.

My nieces and nephews also started gaming around this age. They all started by playing Roblox and Fortnite though.

It was NES/SNES for me, didn't get into N64 till I was seven. Good times.

Reactions: cpvr
Think i started playing when i was like 5 and would watch my brother play our megadrive back in the day. I didn't really know what i was doing though haha

Think i started playing when i was like 5 and would watch my brother play our megadrive back in the day. I didn't really know what i was doing though haha
And the fact is that children are too inquisitive to try anything they saw their mates or siblings do. Playing game at the age of 5 is fun and great even though you don't know what you are playing or how you navigate the buttons.

Reactions: Henrywrites
And the fact is that children are too inquisitive to try anything they saw their mates or siblings do. Playing game at the age of 5 is fun and great even though you don't know what you are playing or how you navigate the buttons.

If they start playing games as early as 5, don't you think they will end up being distracted at the end of the day? I am simply thinking aloud in all of these.

Does it really matter? Many people paint gaming as an activity kids should not engage in at a tender age. This is just not the case. In fact it has been proven that gaming sharpens the brain of kids, the right games though.

If they start playing games as early as 5, don't you think they will end up being distracted at the end of the day? I am simply thinking aloud in all of these.
Some of them are not distracted. Some used to remember the basic things using what they see from the game. The only advise I have for parents are to make sure that they are alert and observant in checking what their younger ones are doing and the time to put a stop when it's getting out of hand.

What age do you think is appropriate for kids to start gaming? Which games would be recommended? Which would be avoided?
it shouldn't matter what age gaming is for, I've played games my whole life at a young age even on messed up games that was out of my age range growing up.
again to answer the question its for all age on a game that require the age for them to play,
i really don't see anything wrong for anyone to play video games as long they are reasonable and have a strong understanding what video game is

Reactions: cpvr
I wouldn't say there's a fixed answer for this. It depends on the person and the games. But I think around the age of 10, it's more than fine for someone to start playing video games.

I wouldn't say there's a fixed answer for this. It depends on the person and the games. But I think around the age of 10, it's more than fine for someone to start playing video games.

Good luck keeping someone waiting that long. Most would want to be gaming before then.