What helps you feel better if you get sick?

cpvr

Owner
Administrator
Feb 7, 2020
Texas
If you get a cold, the flu or you’re dealing with allergies, what helps you feel better? If you deal with allergies all the time, what causes your allergies to act up?

Personally, whenever I was sick in the past with a flu or the cold, I’d sleep more and take multiple vitamins on a daily basis. Eating more fruits and vegetables & drinking ginger ale has also helped me get well again.

So, what are some of your favorite methods that help you feel better when you’re sick?

I have bad allergies and matter of fact I am allergic to cats. And the funny thing is that I have 2 cats named Alice and Missy. When I wake up in the morning, my eyes water for 15 plus minutes and my nose runs like crazy. And the only thing that helps it is time.

P.S. my wife can not brush the cats next to me, or the watering eyes and runny nose start up instantly.

Reactions: cpvr
Just resting and being able to stay home and sleep. Goes for sickness and my allergies, and not sure what makes my allergies act up honestly.
Resting is one of the best ways that I heal from an illness. I also use an essential oil diffuser or a humidifier. I always keep one around just in case. It helps me get rid of a bad cold or illness quick. Have you ever used one?
I have bad allergies and matter of fact I am allergic to cats. And the funny thing is that I have 2 cats named Alice and Missy. When I wake up in the morning, my eyes water for 15 plus minutes and my nose runs like crazy. And the only thing that helps it is time.

P.S. my wife can not brush the cats next to me, or the watering eyes and runny nose start up instantly.
Ahh man! My mom is also allergic to cats. She has to take allergy medications when she’s around my sister’s cats.

I’m allergic to dust and mold. There’s been times when I was around both of them at the same time and that was a very unpleasant situation smh.

Whenever I get really unwell, the one thing I find that helps me get better faster is a lot of rest and sleep and drinking and eating foods that are high in different vitamins that are needed.

For strange reasons, I find eating as a firm succour when I am sick. I tend to have more cravings for food when I am having a cold. My food budget is always alarming when I am sick. Does anyone one find affinity with food when sick too?

Resting is one of the best ways that I heal from an illness. I also use an essential oil diffuser or a humidifier. I always keep one around just in case. It helps me get rid of a bad cold or illness quick. Have you ever used one?

I used a humidifier for the first time this winter, really helped keeping my nose from bleeding. But I didn't bother with the oil diffuser, strong smells can give me a headache. Also they are a pain to keep clean.

If I can be able to eat food when I am sick, I know that my recovery is very close. Resting and eating little portions of meals are better for me to ensure that I recover pretty fast.