Which virtual pet game will knock off Neopets from its perch?

Heatman

VPL Elite Member
Apr 11, 2024
Neopets is the virtual pet site game with largest number of players. Since it was launched in 1999, it have over 25 million registered users in which millions of them played the game daily.

No other virtual pet games have been able to reach the same level but which one do you think have when it takes to beat Neopets at this?

Not sure which one but i do think it's very possible for a competitor to come in and take Neopets mantel. Neopets has only just started to be pushed forward again recently, it went years with lack of updates.

Reactions: Heatman
I’m gonna come on here and rant about Icepets constantly LOL. I know it’s too late for them now, but the pet artwork and web layout are sooo good.
If anyone knows of any contenders (w similar pet art) for Neopets please post them here! Looking for a new “home” now that IcePets is most likely shutting down :’(

Yes I’m on Neopets but the ads are aggressive and I don’t feel there’s much for me to do on there, as I don’t like battling. I save that for Pokémon. And even that stresses me out LOL.

• Haha
I’m gonna come on here and rant about Icepets constantly LOL. I know it’s too late for them now, but the pet artwork and web layout are sooo good.
If anyone knows of any contenders (w similar pet art) for Neopets please post them here! Looking for a new “home” now that IcePets is most likely shutting down :’(

Yes I’m on Neopets but the ads are aggressive and I don’t feel there’s much for me to do on there, as I don’t like battling. I save that for Pokémon. And even that stresses me out LOL.
Just looked at the Icepets site and it's pretty cool, shame it most likely won't be around for much longer.

Marapets was the closest to do it. I don't think any site unless it shows mass potential will come close.

Not sure which one but i do think it's very possible for a competitor to come in and take Neopets mantel. Neopets has only just started to be pushed forward again recently, it went years with lack of updates.
Neopets has a lot of features and games that keep players coming back, but I think Marapets, Subeta and Flight Rising are the only pet sites that are fully capable of taking Neopets mantel.

Marapets was the closest to do it. I don't think any site unless it shows mass potential will come close.
I agree. They’re one of the only pet games that has just as many features and games as Neopets.

Yeah! It actually reflected on the number of the active gamers they lost on the game which is something they are now trying to build back up.

I don't think there's any pet game that will beat up to Neopets. It has the largest number of players and almost all the people played it all the time.

Marapets was a little close, unless there's any other pet games that will come out but Neopets is already taking lead.

I don't think there's any pet game that will beat up to Neopets. It has the largest number of players and almost all the people played it all the time.

Marapets was a little close, unless there's any other pet games that will come out but Neopets is already taking lead.
It is going to be almost impossible for a new pet site game to just be launched and it will walk up its way and knock off Neopets from being the leading game in that position.

It is going to be almost impossible for a new pet site game to just be launched and it will walk up its way and knock off Neopets from being the leading game in that position.
I know that's true but uou never know and you don't know the kind of new pet site game that can be launched. When a new game is launched, people will try it out and know what they are made of.

I know that's true but uou never know and you don't know the kind of new pet site game that can be launched. When a new game is launched, people will try it out and know what they are made of.
There is no doubt about people trying out in new game that I've just been launched but it is going to take something unbelievable for it to suddenly beat the record Neopets have been able to set.

That's a very tough question right there! There is no doubt that Neopets has been a legendary game for a very long time, but if I had to put my money on a game that could beat Neopets probably on the future, I'd say it's Marapets. That game has the potential to give Neopets a run for its money.

It's very obvious that Marapets is the next biggest in line after Neopets. But I also think that Flight Rising is making its way up the ladder very fast and it's followed by Subeta.