Anyone remember Virtualpups?

Sweetblossoms

New VPL Member
Feb 14, 2022
Canada
I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this...Moderators feel free to move the thread. :giggle:

The game was still up last year, and I had been casually playing it. It was probably one of the first ever online games I had ever played. It was very popular back in the 2000's. It was sold to another individual, who had been working tirelessly on the website for years. He said he had some issues with his arm from what I remember and had to take it easy from coding etc. With just one person on the site and no future updates, it looks like it has been closed. :(

I can't even find the old discord server that they used to have :(. I check back from time to time to see if the website it back in the works.... the domain name is still there and this is the message that follows on it's only page:

"Virtual Pups
Welcome to one of the oldest MMOs in the world.
For years, players would breed and train dogs here, compete in events, and make real friends

Under Construction​

The site is currently shut down, but please check back in the future"

Does any one know what is going on with it? I would like to see a game revival ❤️

I'm very familiar with Virtual Pups. I used it play it before the site shutdown. It was very frustrating seeing the site went down. I really hope it comes back soon. Training my virtual dog in the game was so exciting.

I'm very familiar with Virtual Pups. I used it play it before the site shutdown. It was very frustrating seeing the site went down. I really hope it comes back soon. Training my virtual dog in the game was so exciting.

It's why I don't play many of these online websites anymore, they just shut down and take your work with them.

It's why I don't play many of these online websites anymore, they just shut down and take your work with them.
It's a very common thing with some of these games. Unfortunately, there's no way we could stop it from happening. It's to find out a pet site which looks like they are working on a long term project.

Never heard of that one, and I usually remember most pet sites.

I never got into pet sims.

I sent them a message on their facebook page, but I haven’t heard anything back yet. Here’s to hoping we’ll hear something soon!
Did you check if they are on Twitter? I prefer using Twitter to reach out because they tend to be more active on their Twitter account.

Hopefully they respond,but have they replied to other people on facebook?
Unfortunately, no they haven’t. I also sent them an email, so hopefully we’ll hear sometime soon.

There hasn’t been any new updates on their forum since 2019/2020. Dev log 5 - The November update
Did you check if they are on Twitter? I prefer using Twitter to reach out because they tend to be more active on their Twitter account.
They’re on twitter, but it’s been inactive since 2019.

Without any kind of compensation. It's very unfortunate the site went down and it doesn't look like it's ever coming back. Even if did, most of their players have moved on.
Yes, they must have moved on. Perhaps, I'd be interested in getting back to the site if it comes back but that's going to be based on what features they add to the game.

Reactions: Heatman
Yes, they must have moved on. Perhaps, I'd be interested in getting back to the site if it comes back but that's going to be based on what features they add to the game.
If the game makes a comeback with gamer's profile and progress backed up in their database, those who played it might be interested in coming back.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
If the game makes a comeback with gamer's profile and progress backed up in their database, those who played it might be interested in coming back.
There's no indication they are bringing back the game anytime soon. It's practically the reason why most people including myself have given up on it.

Unless another company find a way to buy the game and revive it, I don't see any way for the game to come back from its current situation.

They have been out way too long to have a good market value for another big company to be interested in buying them.
Yeah, this is looking like the reality with this pet site game right now and it's very unfortunate that there is nothing anyone can do to help change their situation.

Yeah, this is looking like the reality with this pet site game right now and it's very unfortunate that there is nothing anyone can do to help change their situation.
I've already made my conclusion that if they ended up coming back, I will always be willing to check it out but if they don't come back, it is already as if that they are no longer available.

They have been out way too long to have a good market value for another big company to be interested in buying them.
The new owner bought it for $1,650 on Flippa(virtualpups.com - Ecommerce Store listed on Flippa).

If he tried to sell it now, it would probably only fetch 40-50% of the value, especially since it’s no longer active. However, the game still has over 10,000 members, so that could still affect the price if the new owner wanted to sell it instead of bringing it back online.

Reactions: Ja sa bong