Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

2. Check out our latest guide on how to grow your user base!
    Paladore - Boopets - Icepets - Corepets open beta
    Virtual Pet Directory
    Are you looking for new virtual pet sites or sim games to play?

How would you edit an pre-existing song

Discussion in 'Art/Writing General' started by Micky, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    ... edit an pre-existing song so that you change just a few lyrics/words of the entire song?
    I've tried finding an lyric editing/ audio editing software but I don't have any clue at all which program (or if there is actually one) that can do the job for me...
    I'm looking for something really simple done, cause just a few words here and there.

Just can't find a program (probably not searching right though) to do it ~
    So if anyone can help me locate one, I appreciate your help :3

Or if it's impossible to use a program for this kind of work, then which way should I go about to do it?

Thanks! <3
  2. Arj

Arj Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Reputations:
    Re: How would you...

I know you can download a trial of virtual dj for free, and it can cut sections out of music. Dunno how you'd put something else in.
  3. Micky

Micky Always online, ping me! [Mythflow] Moderator Pet Game Owner Approved Artist VPL Supporter VPL Member

Reputations:
    I've been browsing around and I believe it's impossible to edit lyrics .... Guess we just have to like, remake the song or something. :x
    Thanks @Arj though! I'll check out Virtual DJ. Guess this idea is gonna take more work than I originally thought xD;
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. Jokie

Jokie New Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    If you do not have the music separate from the vocals you are facing mission impossible.

If you know your audio software really well, it's possible to tone down the vocals using the equalizer (to drag down the waves that the vocals sit on) and a couple other tricks, and place new vocals on top to drown them out. But you really have to know exactly what you are doing to manage this successfully. Part of my full time job is editing audio, and I don't think even with my best software, I'd be able to do this successfully.
  5. Erde

Erde Member VPL Member

Reputations:
    Usually you can find just the music track (without spoken words/lyrics) of songs. Song mixing is possible, and you can always edit a song to be just the words for the most part (I imagine you could cut it up and use your own words) and then layer it over the music track. However it would also take a lot of work blending it in. Otherwise you would have to mix with your own voice. Or, if you are feeling especially creative, you could redo the entire song yourself (cover a song).

Mixing two or more songs together can also be pretty awesome. I think there was a collaboration group on YouTube for example called.. the YouTube Orchestra? maybe?
    You can use musi programs like..
    Bandcamp (mac)
    Audacity
    Adobe Audition