Professional Gaming

Jason

Mar 7, 2024
Who has considered it? What might be the salary? What might be the qualifications? How might you prepare? What games would be really cool to play for money?

I have not really considered going into playing games professionally. I mean, it doesn't look like what I will enjoy doing. I play for fun and wouldn't want to charge any money to do so.

I don't have the skills to be a professional gamer. But I do know the Minecraft player Jhon Bams makes 600k+ a year playing Minecraft on Twitch. It might be more than that now. Because that leak was about 2 years ago.

That guy plays Minecraft on Twitch 7 days a week. I don't have that kind of dedication or skill to sit there and play 7 days a week. However, if you're a skilled player I say go for it.

I don't have the skills to be a professional gamer. But I do know the Minecraft player Jhon Bams makes 600k+ a year playing Minecraft on Twitch. It might be more than that now. Because that leak was about 2 years ago.

That guy plays Minecraft on Twitch 7 days a week. I don't have that kind of dedication or skill to sit there and play 7 days a week. However, if you're a skilled player I say go for it.

I wonder the efforts and energy he must have done in growing that big. I know for sure that becoming a skilled gamer takes a lot of energy, resources and time.

I wonder the efforts and energy he must have done in growing that big. I know for sure that becoming a skilled gamer takes a lot of energy, resources and time.
He has been doing it for over 10 years. So he has a big following, and he is every entertaining and has a lot of interaction with his viewers. I could watch him all day and have a great time if I didn't have real life obligations.

Reactions: Henrywrites
He has been doing it for over 10 years. So he has a big following, and he is every entertaining and has a lot of interaction with his viewers. I could watch him all day and have a great time if I didn't have real life obligations.

I believe that connecting with his followers was one of the ways that he was able to capture more of the friends of the followers to join his channel. People want to follow someone who can help them understand their interests better.

Being a professional gamer needs cognitive and psychomotor skills at the very highest levels to succeed. Only few players that I know arr the top professional gamers that make millions. The rest just make an average income. I would love to know though, does game streaming falls into professional gaming?

I would love to know though, does game streaming falls into professional gaming?
That would depend on if you're doing it for a living or not. If you can stream and make enough money to live and do it as a full-time job, then I would say you're a professional gamer. But sadly it's super hard to make a living from streaming because so many people do it.

When I was live streaming and spending a lot of time creating video game content for platforms such as YouTube, TikTok and even Twitch, I did consider going into professional gaming and it was something I had an urge to do at the time.

I ended up deciding against it after I had looked into it more. Don't get me wrong, the money you can make is amazing but the stress and pressure that comes with it, I have a feeling it would have caused me to burn out gaming and that is something I would hate to see happen.

I have never given professional gaming a thought as a job. I enjoy myself by playing video games. I am aware, though, that some people can make a career out of esports. The teams that these people play for pay them, but streamers get compensated through sponsorships and advertising.

When I was live streaming and spending a lot of time creating video game content for platforms such as YouTube, TikTok and even Twitch, I did consider going into professional gaming and it was something I had an urge to do at the time.
Did you make any money while you were doing all that? And how many viewers did you have and how many followers did you have?