Long time pet sim fan, first time VPL user

Kittybot

New VPL Member
Mar 17, 2022
Seattle, Washington, USA
Hey guys! My name is Kittybot and I'm an artist. I am the art director for the in-progress sim Acinonyx as well as the head artist for the on-hiatus sims Kalahari Kats and Felis Pardus, and also the upcoming sim Vulpes Magicae. I have also worked for Alacrity in the past (where I got my start and many of the backgrounds, items, and custom items are still by me!) as well as doing some items for Rigganmore (which I am no longer associated with). I do almost all my pet sim work, these days, with my best friend LorienDarenya, who is an excellent coder and skilled, experienced site owner.

We are currently in the progress of trying to get the new Beta of AX together, and I'm always trying to find new artists to work with me on the site. We've got a ways to go yet but already have a Patreon, a Discord server, a Facebook page, and some preview playable bits of the site for the public, as well as much more site to play with for our Patreon Bug Hunters (who get accounts before anyone else). I'll most likely be posting more about that elsewhere on these forums :)

I've been working on pet sims for about 13 years now and I love it. I don't currently play any sims very much, but in the past I've been a very heavy player. I prefer to play sims I work for since playing them tends to give me lots of ideas! And I love interacting with the userbase that way. I've also been a mod/admin besides just being an artist. I have a lot of experience using sites like Trello to manage workflow and planning, and I know a little HTML and CSS which can come in handy, since Lorien sometimes needs help with front-end coding since she is blind and can't see the layout! I'm open to working with other folks but at this point I'm not looking for new projects and it would take a lot to get me interested in one. Fun fact, Xylax (the head artist for Lioden and Wolvden) got our pet sim starts on Alacrity together! We haven't spoken in ages but I really admire him and his art! To the best of my knowledge none of the other Alacrity artists I worked with went on to do other pet sims, but if anyone knows of any, please let me know, I'd be very curious to find out! The pet sim world can be a very small one sometimes, which is both a blessing and a curse.

I'm really looking forward to the day when AX is up and running smoothly again (we were live during the Alpha, but took it down for the rewrite), it'll be lovely to work for a bigger userbase again! We have so many fun ideas. And from there it'll be on to FeP, then KK! Big things coming down the line. I'm excited!

Reactions: cpvr
Thank cpvr! We're chugging along pretty well now. Our coder, Lorien, moved states a few months ago and had some health issues pretty much as soon as she landed, so we're playing catch-up now, but Lorien's back in the swing of things and we've got another round of stuff for our Bug Hunters to tackle that should be ready this week. It can be kind of a bumpy road sometimes when the two main staff members both have recurring health issues but we try to keep each other on track. We also got a new artist recently!