#Sim

Sim

25 and UP! VPL Member
Approved VPL Programmer
Mar 27, 2020
Maryland
I am back again. I had a very similar incident like the one VPL had. I lost my game makers forum, oRPG Creator and all backup files related to the projects. I also seem to be locked out of my aim email since I can't login to my back up email. I've used this account for nearly 20 years.

Once I tried to come back, I was hoping VPL was still around to find some of my old clients but no luck. I can't remember what the name of the pet sites was and can't check email for them.

But anyway, I'm an old VPL member and I have been programming for almost 20 years. I only posted so there's a new topic and attempt to possibly bring more activity to the forum.

Btwt, I don't even own a computer or laptop anymore. Times are extremely rough.

Welcome back @Sim. Did you lose all your backup files because they were on your laptop? It’s the worst feeling ever when you lose backups:cry:

I had all my backups on my computer. My host deleted them but I know they had them. It is what it is though.

I had all my backups on my computer. My host deleted them but I know they had them. It is what it is though.
I totally agree bro. This happened to us as well. I’m 100% sure that you’ll be able to build everything back up when you have the opportunity to do so again.

I don't want to build it all up again. The only reason I continued oRPG Creator is I was one of the if not first of its kind. But being a one man team, I wasn't the first to release a fully finished project. If I ever start a new personal project, it would be a small one. Words with Friends, or spades, something along those lines where many people play and it's simple and could make decent money if marketed right. There's tons of great hidden gems online that failed to make it due to marketing.

I rather stick to freelancing. Maybe sign on as an a partner %10-40% depending on how established the game/project is

Reactions: cpvr