Do you ever need to take time off of gaming?

Soulwatcher

VPL Elite Member
Approved VPL Writer
Mar 10, 2024
I don't know about anyone else, but after a while I get burned out on video games and need a break. My brakes go on for 3~6 months of no video games to try and decompress. Because all I do is play video games and after a while my brain gets overwhelmed. How about you? Do you ever need to take time off of gaming?

I take huge breaks sometimes from both the computer and gaming. Never both at once but I'm either on the PC and not gaming or vice versa. Gaming is really fun for me but cheaters sometimes ruin it.

I need breaks or time off. If I game too much, I start to lose my touch with reality.

I start to lose my touch with reality.
That's exactly what happened to me. I was gaming 70+ hours a week, and I wasn't taking care of my real life oblation like I should have been. Because I was tuck inside of Elder Scrolls Online. So I sold my PS5 and Xbox Series X 2 months ago and life is good now.

I have been known to get burned out on video games in the past and it can be very frustrating when that happens. At the moment I have had to take a different line of work and because of that, I spend less time gaming and do miss it so would love to get back into it when I have more time.

I need breaks or time off. If I game too much, I start to lose my touch with reality.

Playing games more can make one begin to lose concentration. I don't like the fact that such can happened, though. I mean, when you look at the fact that you will be isolated from reality when you play more games, you may end up not spending more time to play games.

Taking time off playing video games or any kind of hobby is very important because when you overdo things, it burns you out and you will no longer enjoy it the way you used to.

Taking time off playing video games or any kind of hobby is very important because when you overdo things, it burns you out and you will no longer enjoy it the way you used to.
I agree time off is needed now and then. Also not overdoing it is very important too. I own 3 paid forum software. Back in the day I tried to run 3 forums at once and failed hardcore because I was way overdoing it.

P.S. I have 2 Invision Community and 1 Xenforo paid forum software. And I don't plan on running more than 1 forum.

I agree time off is needed now and then. Also not overdoing it is very important too. I own 3 paid forum software. Back in the day I tried to run 3 forums at once and failed hardcore because I was way overdoing it.

P.S. I have 2 Invision Community and 1 Xenforo paid forum software. And I don't plan on running more than 1 forum.
What's the name of your forum and link to it if you mind? I would love to check it out.

If I get angry with a game, I stop playing for a few hours. But there's no way I will take a break that lasts months. Gaming is a way for me to relax.