Do you own more than one virtual pet site?

Baw$e

90 And Up! VPL Member
Approved VPL Writer
Approved VPL Programmer
Jan 23, 2024
canada
If yes, what virtual pet sites do you own? How many members do your sites have?

Do you focus on one more than the other?

I currently own 2 live virtual pet sites, Eliyo and Animal Acres and have 1 that will hopefully be released soon called Oripets.

Eliyo and Oripets I created and Animal Acres I bought. Right now I don't really focus on any of them as much as I would like, since I have had some personal life changes that have kept me from having the time. But more recently I am trying I am getting more set to where I do have time again to dedicate. And in that case I try to give each time, and any pressing bugs come first. And I do tend to rotate on which one I want to work on the most at different times.

Recently I will say that is Oripets, I am trying to get it to a point of release, so that is part of it for me, but I also just enjoy working on it since it's all newer and the code is nice and clean. Though for some things I can share code between Eliyo and Oripets at least in part and so they can benefit each other since they are both on Laravel. For example I added a feature on Oripets that is a donation center of sorts, users can grab and donate things, very similar to neopets money tree, and I was able to port that over to Eliyo and get it added there for people to enjoy. Animal Acres I do have a lot of plans for that I hope to finish some day but is a little harder to work with since a lot of the code is still older and needs to be ported, and even the new ported code can be a little clunky, especially since I am doing an in place refactoring of things. This is great for updates to come out right away, but does mean the code is somewhat fractured internally.

Reactions: cpvr and zoldos
I currently do not own a pet website. Nonetheless, the idea of building one thrills me, and if given the opportunity, I would grab it without hesitation. However, I am not sure if I have the necessary skills in pet-related subjects, and I would like to evaluate my skills before committing to such a project.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
I currently do not own a pet website. Nonetheless, the idea of building one thrills me, and if given the opportunity, I would grab it without hesitation. However, I am not sure if I have the necessary skills in pet-related subjects, and I would like to evaluate my skills before committing to such a project.
Even with the skills being something I can manage to acquire, I wouldn't have the time to invest in running the site like my one project. It requires a lot of work to run a pet site.

I don't own a virtual pet, either, mostly because I don't have the money to be able to afford to build one and the money to keep it going every month.
The problem isn't starting a pet site but having it managed over a long period of time that's where the challenge is. It's why we have some pet site getting shutdown after a period of time.

The problem isn't starting a pet site but having it managed over a long period of time that's where the challenge is. It's why we have some pet site getting shutdown after a period of time.

The maintenance of such pet sites is where we are having that challenge. To be able to manage one over a longer period of time is not easy, but I think it is great to do though.

It is never easy running one, especially when you are someone who doesn't have a lot of time on their hands as well.
There are so many variables for you to construct and consider before you decide to start running a pet sites, otherwise you are going to find yourself in a tight corner that you would eventually have to give up on the project.