Do you walk just to walk?

Soulwatcher

VPL Elite Member
Approved VPL Writer
Mar 10, 2024
I know we all have to walk to move around. What I am talking about is taking a walk for exercise. My highest weight was 489, and I am down to 359. So I lost 130 pounds just by walking. My goal is to be 299 or less by this time next year. How about you? Do you walk just to walk?

P.S. I don't over eat, my physic meds cause me to gain weight and I have to work really hard to get the weight off.

Sometimes I walk just to walk, being in the house all the time can be draining mentally and it's always nice to get out of the house even for a short while even if it is just for a walk.

I actually have enough walks to do daily that I don't have to walk just for the essence of it. I have to trek to work everyday and that's almost a half kilometre trek and I have to trek back home too. Surprisingly, I am adding more weight even with the level of trekking. Is there something wrong with me?

I have some good news, I dropped 2 pounds by walking 3k steps a day for the last 2 days. I now weigh 357. My body loves exercise, but I will also gain the weight back just as fast as I lose it. So I have to be super careful.

No, only to walk my dogs or to do my errands. I don't walk around for exercise. I work out a little bit, but not often enough.

Yes, if the weather is nice I make sure to go outside for a walk. Otherwise, at work, I make sure to get up every now and then to walk around and move my body.

I walk to save money in the city. Anyway, someone is borrowing my car. In that case, I have to walk or ride a bus, but even with a car I would probably keep doing the same, except for big or important trips.

Oh yes, I like to walk in the woods or on a country road, just to be walking.

Reactions: Soulwatcher
I am not used to walking just for the sake of it. I prefer to do the walking when I have somewhere that I am going. To be walking for the sake of it has never been what I plan to do anytime.

I have a routine of taking a 20 minutes walk every evening when the weather is friendly. It's a kind of an exercise for me to be honest.

You're doing great. It's very easy to gain weight but so much difficult to lose it. Keep doing what you're doing, it seems to be going in the right direction.
You're right, it's super easy to gain weight but so hard to get it off. And the thing about gaining weight is you gain a little here and a little there. So it's not easily noticeable, it is not like you wake up one and and gain 100 pounds.

P.S. Thank you for the encouragement. :D

Reactions: Ja sa bong
You're right, it's super easy to gain weight but so hard to get it off. And the thing about gaining weight is you gain a little here and a little there. So it's not easily noticeable, it is not like you wake up one and and gain 100 pounds.

P.S. Thank you for the encouragement. :D
True. When you're adding weight, it's not easily noticed until it have amassed big, then you will start feeling heavy.

Keep up with your plans and work on your meals too. It's going play a key role in how fast you will shed weight.

I like to walk just for the sake of walking. I usually walk about 3,000 steps a day, but there are some days where I will walk even more. Walking has a lot of health benefits, and I’ve broken my ankles in the past, so I like to move around. That way, I can keep my ankles strong and healthy.

I like to walk just for the sake of walking. I usually walk about 3,000 steps a day, but there are some days where I will walk even more. Walking has a lot of health benefits, and I’ve broken my ankles in the past, so I like to move around. That way, I can keep my ankles strong and healthy.

Walking is definitely good for stronger health. I understand that there are people who may see it as a waste of time because they can be able to take part in other activities, but I am not that type of person at all. I see walking as having more benefits.

Reactions: Soulwatcher