Game Revivals Brings Powerful Nostalgia

kensonplays

25 and UP! VPL Member
Feb 22, 2024
There is one game that got revived after 6-7 years, due to the community not ever giving up on it. This game happens to be Gigantic, a MOBA/hero shooter combined.

There are also private server revivals of Disney games and Dreamworks games.

Bringing back dead games via private servers (which legally cannot take donations), or studios buying rights and bringing back fan-favorite games (like Gigantic) are amazing teams that deserve a lot of love for keeping the games going past their original death.

There is one game that got revived after 6-7 years, due to the community not ever giving up on it. This game happens to be Gigantic, a MOBA/hero shooter combined.

There are also private server revivals of Disney games and Dreamworks games.

Bringing back dead games via private servers (which legally cannot take donations), or studios buying rights and bringing back fan-favorite games (like Gigantic) are amazing teams that deserve a lot of love for keeping the games going past their original death.
That's cool, I know there are game servers out there for other dead games. HorizonXI is an example that comes to my mind it is a private FFXI server based on old-school FFXI.

That's cool, I know there are game servers out there for other dead games. HorizonXI is an example that comes to my mind it is a private FFXI server based on old-school FFXI.
Yea, I'm very much appreciative of the work people do to maintain private servers to keep communities alive. Even though they legally can't accept any money, which makes it up to the staff to cover all server expenses.

Reactions: Soulwatcher