Welcome to Virtual Pet List!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Like what you see? Then join our community! You'll love it! Its free!

1. virtual pet mascot

Virtual Pets

Welcome to the Virtual Pet list forum!
    We're a virtual pets and sim games community and we're the largest forum in our industry. We have a lot of virtual pet sites' owners and sim game owners that are quite active on our online community. Along with artists, writers and programmers that come here looking for work and games to work for. Our members who are artists sell art in our art marketplace and programmers are allowed to sell their scripts in the programming marketplace. We've been opened since 2011, however, we've owned our domain name since 2004 and since then we've grown and expanded quite nicely. What are you waiting for, why don't you join today?

Our list of virtual pet sites and directory of sim games have a lot of games listed that you can try out and possibly enjoy. If you're still curious about a game to play, you can check out some of our game reviews that were written by some of our great contributors and our interviews with respective virtual pet site owners, sim game owners, artists, writers and programmers that have done work in this industry as a whole.

Hello there *waves*

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nebula, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Nebula

Nebula Approved Game Owner Pet Game Owner VPL Member

Greetings everyone!

As I've been here for a few days, I figured it's time to introduce myself. So here it goes :)

I'm Nebula, also known as Esther. Online gaming has been one of my biggest hobbies ever since I discovered text-based muds, some 15+ years ago. I started out on Cardea, went to Neopets, discovered Wajas and later dived into the realms of World of Warcraft and Rift, where in between I visited numerous other games such as Runescape, Aywas, Howrse, LotRO, EverQuest and so on. I've played most styles, from heavy roleplay to pvp and hardcore raiding and went from rookie/newbie to eventually officer and guild-/kinleader.

But being just a gamer wasn't enough for me. During my study (journalism) I learned how to set up simple websites and I got my basics in php and html while working as a moderator for a dutch WoW guild and as a trainee for a dutch website about family oriented holidays and daytrips. A few months ago I got the opportunity to become an admin of a sim breeding game (Tygras) and through that I dived deeper into the world of online game programming and designing. All these experiences have let me to today. Besides still working for Tygras, I'm currently working on setting up my own business in game and website design while also creating my very first sim breeding game. It's a huge undertaking but I'm having blast doing it. :D

At the moment I don't have a date set for when my game will be ready and launched. My first priorities are to make my business legal and set up a business website. I also have to balance my online time with my offline time: my job, husband, household, our dog & cat, family & friends, Tygras and so forth. But as soon as there is progress, I'll give you guys a heads up.

Cheerio!
  2. bamboo123

bamboo123 Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

@Nebula ,
    Hi!! :D Nice to meet you!! :D

Horde or Ally? :)<
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. cpvr

cpvr Owner and Founder Administrator

Welcome to the community @Nebula
    How are you doing today?
  4. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus VPL Member

Welcome friend! I love on-line games as well. ;)
  5. Nebula

I noticed I can't tag yet, so apologies for not doing so :)

Bamboo123: mostly ally, I simply don't have enough evil in me :p

Cpvr: I'm having a good day, how about yourself?

And thanks for the welcome, zoldos!
  6. cpvr

I'm doing good as well. Thanks for asking. Did you make your avatar yourself? And also if you want to mention someone do this @username and replace username with the user's name - and they'll get an alert that you replied to them.:style
  7. Nebula

Cpvr I tried that, but it says I haven't reached the 10 posts yet :)
    And yes, I made the avatar myself, but it's an oldy and I'm currently working on a new one.
  8. cpvr

Oh, sorry about that. ^.^ You'll get there.

Do you charge for avatar making or do you do freebie ones as well?
  9. Corleone

Corleone Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Hey! Welcome to VPL!
  10. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus VPL Member

;););)
  11. bamboo123

Same here ^^ Night elf and worgens are awesome <333

What's your race, class and realm? :D You're on US server? :D
  12. Nebula

Thanks for the welcome, Corleone

Cpvr: At the moment I lack the time to make avatars, due to my website and game eating nearly every free second. But I will make avatars again in the future, both free and for a small fee. I'll give a heads up when I've got some.

Bamboo123: I have several chars, though I must admit I haven't played WoW anymore over the past half year or so. Got busy doing other stuff as I didn't like where Blizz is taking WoW to. Ever since the release of LK the game imho has gone down terribly. I gave Blizz another shot when Cataclysm came out, only to quit about two months later when they nerfed the raids. It just wasn't fun anymore seeing as where my raidgroup worked weeks to nuke the endgame and shortly after having rookies walk in and kill nearly everything within just a matter of hours, gaining the same benefits as we had. They did it with LK and now on Cata again, even in a smaller time frame :mad:. Worgen were a nice touch, but now, honestly... panda's?! :confused: That's just horrible, even not considering it's a major rip-off from the movie Kung Fu Panda. I really hope Blizz will eventually bring back WoW, but the course they're taking right now is just a big turn off for me and not worthwhile investing the 13 dollars a month.

Edit: Oh, forgot my chars. I have several of them, though the one most played with is Khaye, Nelf Hunter. She's on Stormrage, EU server.
  13. cpvr

@Nebula
    Once you get to 10 posts, you should post about your site - and include art images. We'd love to see it!
  14. SpottyWolf

SpottyWolf Approved Artist Approved Artist VPL Member

Welcome to VPL! It's nice to meet you! I used to play WoW, I just don't have the money to play at the moment. I was all Horde! Good luck on everything! <3
  15. Zirota

Zirota New Member VPL Member

From one newcomer to another, hello! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but at least you got to spend a little time with everyone. ^.^
    Would also love to see how your site is coming along when you are able. :3
  16. Nebula

@Zirota and @SpottyWolf thank you both for the welcome. I do indeed have quite a lot on my plate, but I'm a busy bee and having nothing to do just gets on my nerves :p
    @cpvr The website of my business isn't finished yet, and I hate having work only half done shown to the world. Besides that having only half of a website is also bad for business, especially when you're aiming at webdesign ;). So the website is not aired yet. Though keep an eye on www.nebulaonlinedesign.com as it will be aired soon, and I will give a holler here as well the moment it's up.

As for my sim in the making, well that one will remain a secret until the basics are finished and the name is legally documented. I hate it when someone runs off with another ones' idea and I've seen it happen closeby in the past. So I'm a little cautious with that, especially since my ideas for my sim are quite unique. Sufice to say it's not another horse sim :p
  17. cpvr

@Nebula
    It's good to see another designer here. ^.^ And no worries, announce your project when it's ready!;)
  18. bamboo123

@Nebula , I agree >< My parents have been complaining on the nerfs too :O
    The pandas will definitely look weird in WoW though XD but I'm looking forward to exploring the panda town and talk to everyone there XD

Did you try out Diablo III? :D My dad totally just switched to Diablo III when it launched :O
  19. Gabby

Gabby Happy to help! Administrator

Welcome @Nebula :) It seems you already hit 20 messages! Congrats! :D How exciting! I remember when I hit ten posts.. :')
  20. Nebula

Small note:

I've resigned my admin status at Tygras this past weekend. The owner and I differ too much about the way Tygras is being lead and I decided it's better for me to step down. It wasn't an easy decision, but it's better this way.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012