How many ads are too many on pet sites?

Baw$e

90 And Up! VPL Member
Approved VPL Writer
Approved VPL Programmer
Jan 23, 2024
canada
What virtual pet sites do you think are overcrowded with ads? How many ads should you place on your pet sites?

Personally, I think any ad is too many. So for people like me, there needs to be a paid option to get rid of ads. Unless the ads are about upgrades for the game.

Reactions: cpvr
I think ads are beneficial to pet sites as long as they’re not too intrusive and users have the option to remove them via account upgrades. Having an extra source of revenue can help site owners hire more staff members to work on the game and give them the opportunity to do more things that they couldn’t do prior. Also, I’d say 2-3 advertisements per page should be the max especially if they’re using google adsense.

A website's ability to make money from advertisements is an excellent thing, but it's essential to balance monetization with user experience. Overwhelming users with advertisements might be damaging to their experience as a whole. For instance, persistent pop-up advertisements may severely hamper gameplay and make browsing unpleasant. Excessive advertising can also make sites load slowly, which can irritate users and possibly drive them away from the website completely.

A website's ability to make money from advertisements is an excellent thing, but it's essential to balance monetization with user experience. Overwhelming users with advertisements might be damaging to their experience as a whole. For instance, persistent pop-up advertisements may severely hamper gameplay and make browsing unpleasant. Excessive advertising can also make sites load slowly, which can irritate users and possibly drive them away from the website completely.

I agree with you. When the ads are too many on a virtual pet site, it will end up not being great for a user. As an owner, I will always seek balance as that is the best way to have visitors come back another time.

Reactions: Soulwatcher
I agree with you. When the ads are too many on a virtual pet site, it will end up not being great for a user. As an owner, I will always seek balance as that is the best way to have visitors come back another time.
Do you offer a paid subscription to remove the ads? I think there would be some people willing to remove ads and it could potentially bring in more revenue than it would from running ads on your pet site.

Do you offer a paid subscription to remove the ads? I think there would be some people willing to remove ads and it could potentially bring in more revenue than it would from running ads on your pet site.

This is the plan for the next month. Having that subscription plan that can remove ads for those willing to login would be great.

When it comes to ads I believe that paying to remove ads is a stupid idea cause your paying money for something that is not really doing much. If you want ads try to put it in a place where it is not going to affect the user all that much. For instance if a user decides to generate their own ads, a place like a blog would be a good place for this. I remember Neopets only had one ad near the top which wasn't in the way. Plus ads can be a bit of a distraction that can pull the player from a game they are playing or something else they are focusing on. Money is better spent on upgrades to get more pets or monsters which would be more reasonable use of that cash. If a user doesn't want ads they can disable it for free, but for guests it will be on the page.. Another option would be to remove ads with in game currency for say a few weeks to possibly a month this way it can be a bit of a virtual currency sink. If you want them to be out of the way more, put the ads on the bottom of the footer.