Social Media Turning People into Monsters

Jason

Mar 7, 2024
Someone on here noted that social media was indeed ruining otherwise good people, and I don't know if he was trying to be funny, but it sure was, and besides being funny, it's very disturbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henrywrites
It's just shown the ugliness of human beings which has always been there but it's never been as noticeable as it is now. Twitter is an absolute cesspit of the worst type of people! Forums were the same though, there has always been awful people!

I ignore Social Media because most of the people on there are fake. They are showing a glamorous lifestyle when their life is nothing like that.
Also, even with them being fake, they are mostly toxic too. It's the reason why I don't open up myself freely to anyone on social media platforms.

Someone on here noted that social media was indeed ruining otherwise good people, and I don't know if he was trying to be funny, but it sure was, and besides being funny, it's very disturbing.
There’s a lot of positively and negatively on social media. It’s up to you to decide what you want to see on your social media accounts. Of course, there’s always some drama on social media that’s never good since there’s some content that slips through the cracks of their moderation, but you can also find a lot of positive content on social media.

With anything in life, there’s always a 50-50 chance, you’ll find a mixture of negatively and positively content. I wouldn’t honestly say that social media has turned good people into “monsters” because you’ll always have bad and good apples everywhere. Just like in school.

Then, you have people that post on social media just for likes, so that has caused a up rise in content that is controversial and really might not to be true. Which is something that the social media site owners and managers should moderate more often.
It's just shown the ugliness of human beings which has always been there but it's never been as noticeable as it is now. Twitter is an absolute cesspit of the worst type of people! Forums were the same though, there has always been awful people!
At least with forums you feel a sense of belonging like a community where on social media, it doesn’t feel like you’re apart of a community at all. Unless you’re on certain subreddits on Reddit, twitter lists or facebook groups that are managed way better and moderated correctly.

Of course, there’s always some bad apples around the way on anything on the internet though.

People have a negativity bias. The negativity on social media tends to generate more impressions, so the algorithm tends to pick it up and spread it more. It's... not ideal!

Reactions: Ja sa bong
People have a negativity bias. The negativity on social media tends to generate more impressions, so the algorithm tends to pick it up and spread it more. It's... not ideal!
This is just what's happening. Also, their so called algorithm is whack because with what's happening on Instagram, it's very clear their own algorithm isn't set right.

Also, even with them being fake, they are mostly toxic too. It's the reason why I don't open up myself freely to anyone on social media platforms.
OH YEAH! I see that every day, there are so many toxic people on social media. And let's not forget the people who want nothing to do with you unless they need something.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
People are just people. Anyway, a lot of people are smoking marijuana while on platforms, so what are we shocked about?

The crazy thing I just found out recently is that a lot of people who are doing so many crazy things on social media platform don't care about what people say or think about their new form of behavior which is very disappointing.

Reactions: Soulwatcher
The crazy thing I just found out recently is that a lot of people who are doing so many crazy things on social media platform don't care about what people say or think about their new form of behavior which is very disappointing.
I rarely go on Social Media, but when I do I see at least 1 crazy video of someone doing something stupid. Which is why I'm not too fond of preroll on Facebook.

I try not to be preachy on social media. I basically say nothing on there about politics and little about religion. Some would say it's cowardly. I don't know, but it's just an environment on there where people cannot tolerate other views, but they see it more as a place to laugh and joke, so they don't really want to debate.

Myself, I agree with the views up to a point, but then it becomes objectionable, but everyone is into being extreme.

OH YEAH! I see that every day, there are so many toxic people on social media. And let's not forget the people who want nothing to do with you unless they need something.
Unless they need your MONEY! They will only know you're existing when they need something from you. The smart one will chat you up for like 2 days and boom..please I need a small assistance from you. Assistance my white arse 🙄(sorry for the word) !!

Unless they need your MONEY! They will only know you're existing when they need something from you. The smart one will chat you up for like 2 days and boom..please I need a small assistance from you. Assistance my white arse 🙄(sorry for the word) !!
I don't like online panhandling. Where is the shame? Apparently, the scheme works.

The bullies are having a good time, especially on dms where they have lower chances of getting banned. Personally, I don't give anyone an opportunity to try such attitude with me at all, no matter how close they used to be.

I had an uncle pull that one over on me, he asked if I could fix his computer after hearing nothing from him for 5 years. And he was like if you don't fix my computer Best Buy is going to charge me $150. And I told him then you better take it to Best Buy.

I use social media, because its an necessary evil for me as a streamer and community manager. If I didn't need it for those, I'd likely lock it down private to just family and close friends, tbh.
I know a lot of people who are using social media platforms for business purposes. You can't fault them for doing so because that's where they make their money from.

I know a lot of people who are using social media platforms for business purposes. You can't fault them for doing so because that's where they make their money from.
I don't spam people online. Well, that means I'm not begging for money or forcing for-profit websites on them, but instead, I create separate pages dedicated to what I do, and that people can freely join.

Reactions: Henrywrites