What virtual pet sites do you play the most?

Baw$e

90 And Up! VPL Member
Approved VPL Writer
Approved VPL Programmer
Jan 23, 2024
canada
I use to play virtual pet sites alot, even tried building a couple sites. I have a coding background. Some of the sites I played was Neopets(who hasn't here), Misticpets the artwork was amazing.

Anyways which virtual pet sites are the big ones now?

It's definitely Marapets and Neopets. They are the two pet site games I've given so much time and energy to play most of the time when I crave for pet site games.

It's definitely Marapets and Neopets. They are the two pet site games I've given so much time and energy to play most of the time when I crave for pet site games.

I've played more on Marapets, and I must say that it is interesting to play on the site as long as you can keep your full focus there as well.

I've played more on Marapets, and I must say that it is interesting to play on the site as long as you can keep your full focus there as well.
The good thing about Marapets is that there are so many things to in the game as a result of the features it comes with. This is what makes it always entertaining to play.

Neopets is more than just pet ownership; it is about exploring a large universe of adventures. You may customize your dogs' appearances, furnish their houses with a range of accessories, and even complete tasks to win rewards. It is a fun and engrossing game, ideal for pet lovers out there.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
Neopets is more than just pet ownership; it is about exploring a large universe of adventures. You may customize your dogs' appearances, furnish their houses with a range of accessories, and even complete tasks to win rewards. It is a fun and engrossing game, ideal for pet lovers out there.
This is very correct. A pet game which gives you more features on what to do, it makes it more exciting than usual to play the game. It's why Neopets is one of my favorite pet site today.

Flight Rising, Powerpets and Subeta are all just as big as Marapets and Neopets. Subeta and Powerpets both have a lot of features & things to do. You can play for hours on end just like Neo and Mara. Same goes for Flight Rising.
Khimeros is a big pet site too.

Lioden is another big one, but it’s more of a sim game than an actual pet game.

Last edited:
Flight Rising, Powerpets and Subeta are all just as big as Marapets and Neopets. Subeta and Powerpets both have a lot of features & things to do. You can play for hours on end just like Neo and Mara. Same goes for Flight Rising.
Khimeros is a big pet site too.

Lioden is another big one, but it’s more of a sim game than an actual pet game.
You're right about Flight Rising, Powerpets and Subeta being big pet site games too.

I haven't played Lioden yet. Since it's more like a sim game, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I've played a few sim games too which are interesting.

Neopets is the first virtual pet site I started playing on. I've been playing on the pet site for 19 years and counting. I won't stop playing on it as long as it's still active and fully supported.

Reactions: cpvr
You're right about Flight Rising, Powerpets and Subeta being big pet site games too.

I haven't played Lioden yet. Since it's more like a sim game, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I've played a few sim games too which are interesting.

It’s quite interesting too how close in age a lot of these games are. Powerpets was launched in 2002, then Subeta opened up to the public in 2004, followed by Marapets in 2005, and Neopets was the first major pet site to hit the industry in 1999.

Flight rising is a lot younger than the rest of them as it was launched in 2015. Lioden opened in 2012. Lioden differs from the rest of them since you’re managing a pride of lions and playing as the pride’s “king”. It also has a breeding, decorating, fight and banish feature.

Reactions: Heatman
It’s quite interesting too how close in age a lot of these games are. Powerpets was launched in 2002, then Subeta opened up to the public in 2004, followed by Marapets in 2005, and Neopets was the first major pet site to hit the industry in 1999.

Flight rising is a lot younger than the rest of them as it was launched in 2015. Lioden opened in 2012. Lioden differs from the rest of them since you’re managing a pride of lions and playing as the pride’s “king”. It also has a breeding, decorating, fight and banish feature.
As a lover of The Lion King animation, Lioden looks like what I would enjoy to play. I bet there's going to be some features in the game that's picked from the animation like the banish feature you mentioned.

Reactions: cpvr

It looks like were all trying to tap into the pool when it's still clean as gamers are making their way into pet site games at the time. It's why they probably followed one another back to back.

It looks like were all trying to tap into the pool when it's still clean as gamers are making their way into pet site games at the time. It's why they probably followed one another back to back.
They had good success going at the pet sites project that way from how everything went. It's unfortunate for some that didn't have a good project plan and ended up going offline.

They had good success going at the pet sites project that way from how everything went. It's unfortunate for some that didn't have a good project plan and ended up going offline.
It is good for you to copy a project that is good and currently working which is exactly what virtual pet site games owners have been able to do and it worked for them.

Reactions: Heatman
It is good for you to copy a project that is good and currently working which is exactly what virtual pet site games owners have been able to do and it worked for them.
It is just like what AAA gaming companies are doing right now by having a mobile version of the main games they have produced because they have seen the number's game on the mobile gaming platform. They want to take advantage of it.

It is just like what AAA gaming companies are doing right now by having a mobile version of the main games they have produced because they have seen the number's game on the mobile gaming platform. They want to take advantage of it.
I started playing Dogotchi recently, it have been full of excitement ever since. It's a mobile pet game for dog lovers. When you start the game, you can have access to only 3 dog breeds but in the end, you can get 12.

I'd never used Marapets before, just went on the website and it looks pretty fun! I might need to go give it a go now. :D
I've been playing the game for years right now and I'm sure you are going to enjoy it based on the things you can be able to do in the game like Quest and so many other thing.