What's the impact of virtual pet games on mental health?

Henrywrites

90 And Up! VPL Member
Approved VPL Writer
Feb 22, 2024
Gaming in general can impact our mental health. When it comes to virtual pet games, these pet games can act as companionship to someone who is lonely, and that is a positive side of it.

On the other hand, one can spend more money on purchasing resources on the game, and it is never a great idea when it is done in the extreme. What other impact, both negative and positive, does virtual pet games have on our mental health?

Gaming in general can impact our mental health. When it comes to virtual pet games, these pet games can act as companionship to someone who is lonely, and that is a positive side of it.

On the other hand, one can spend more money on purchasing resources on the game, and it is never a great idea when it is done in the extreme. What other impact, both negative and positive, does virtual pet games have on our mental health?
Gaming really affects my mental health, so much so that I gave gaming up for now. I get angry, sad and depressed over and over all day long and rinse and repeat the next day. And I was going through the emotions 70hrs a week.

Gaming really affects my mental health, so much so that I gave gaming up for now. I get angry, sad and depressed over and over all day long and rinse and repeat the next day. And I was going through the emotions 70hrs a week.
I can understand what you have been through because I've been there as well a few times. Our emotions knows how to get the best of us and if you're not careful, it's going to cause one depression.

Reactions: Soulwatcher
As long as it doesn't turn out addicting, I think it can help bring focus and maybe even learn some stuff.
This problem of addiction is the biggest challenge most people have when they are engaging in any particular act they love. A lot of people lack control, this is what drags them into becoming addicts.

Reactions: Soulwatcher
Playing virtual pet games can be great for mental health as long as you focus on how much you are playing and also how much you are spending if you choose to put money into the game.

I am a firm believer that video games can help mental health in so many different ways and virtual pet games are no different in that.

This is true to an extent. It gets worse with the way that a couple of losses can ruin someone's day as well.