Would Android and IOS replace playing on pet site?

Ja sa bong

VPL Elite Member
Approved VPL Writer
Mar 6, 2024
There are so many pet site games which are coming out on the android and IOS platform very often. If so many of the players take to playing more using the Android and IOS platform, do you think it's literally going to cut down the longevity of pet sites?

If pet sites adapt with a mobile friendly version. I don't think so.

I think pet site owners should consider adding mobile/responsive themes to their sites.

This is a good question. At the moment pet sites have the upper hand whilst mobile is catching up but it will not be long before we see mobile games come level with pet sites.

If pet sites can adapt and make their sites mobile-friendly, they stand a chance of sticking around longer and not being replaced.

I honestly think that phone games going to hurt video games across the board. Especially since the phone games are getting more and more complex. Also, they are starting to release AAA games on the phone as well.

I slightly disagree as there are a couple of gamers that will never play on a mobile. It is either they play on the TV or PC or they don't play at all.

There are so many pet site games which are coming out on the android and IOS platform very often. If so many of the players take to playing more using the Android and IOS platform, do you think it's literally going to cut down the longevity of pet sites?
I honestly don’t think so. A lot of kids play mobile games as they’re a lot simplier and have a lot less features than regular browser based pet games. There’s also more mobile pet games than browser based pet games because they’re all trying to attract the younger crowd than the older. I don’t see regular pet sites going anywhere as they’ve been around since 1997 and they continue to flourish through the times. Also, mobile pet games are released a lot faster because they’re not so complexed and feature rich than browser based pet sites.

However, I do see the mobile based games driving more users to regular pet sites for those seeking more complexed style pet games.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
I honestly don’t think so. A lot of kids play mobile games as they’re a lot simplier and have a lot less features than regular browser based pet games. There’s also more mobile pet games than browser based pet games because they’re all trying to attract the younger crowd than the older. I don’t see regular pet sites going anywhere as they’ve been around since 1997 and they continue to flourish through the times. Also, mobile pet games are released a lot faster because they’re not so complexed and feature rich than browser based pet sites.

However, I do see the mobile based games driving more users to regular pet sites for those seeking more complexed style pet games.
I kinda agree with your assessment looking at how things are done differently in terms of features and design that comes in both games. But should the mobile pet game's developer's become more innovative, it's going rival pet site games very well.

Reactions: cpvr
In today's world, when mobile devices have become an essential component of our lives, it is vital that pet websites be mobile-friendly. With an increasing number of people preferring to play on their smartphones or tablets, pet sites must tailor their interfaces to appeal to this demographic. Not everyone can afford to buy a high-end PC or laptop, so having a mobile-friendly website will boost accessibility and make sure pet lovers can interact with their favorite pet websites easily.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
In today's world, when mobile devices have become an essential component of our lives, it is vital that pet websites be mobile-friendly. With an increasing number of people preferring to play on their smartphones or tablets, pet sites must tailor their interfaces to appeal to this demographic. Not everyone can afford to buy a high-end PC or laptop, so having a mobile-friendly website will boost accessibility and make sure pet lovers can interact with their favorite pet websites easily.
Totally agree with you. More than 60% of players use their smartphone more than they use PC or laptop very often. It's why making a pet site to be mobile friendly is essential to keeping the players still using it.

I honestly think that phone games going to hurt video games across the board. Especially since the phone games are getting more and more complex. Also, they are starting to release AAA games on the phone as well.
This is very true. Gaming audience have tripled on the mobile platform which forced game developers to give attention to mobile games. Although, I still see so much longevity in pet site games too.

It's why I love pet sites like Neopets. They have a long term project they're working with. The ensures they won't wake up one day and go under.
It's why I don't blame anyone who doesn't play just about any pet site games they come across because of the possibility of having all their efforts flushed down the drain with the site not lasting long.

I slightly disagree as there are a couple of gamers that will never play on a mobile. It is either they play on the TV or PC or they don't play at all.
Yep, there will always be diehard console or PC players. But there are way more mobile players there are console and PC gamers combined. Google said that there are 3 billion mobile gamers. I think pet sites should try tapping into the mobile market.

Yep, there will always be diehard console or PC players. But there are way more mobile players there are console and PC gamers combined. Google said that there are 3 billion mobile gamers. I think pet sites should try tapping into the mobile market.

That means mobile users of pet sites are increasing. I never had a look at that in the past anyways.

Eeeeh, that risk is always there. But good site mangers reduce the risk.
True. It is just the same thing like running and managing a general forum. Whenever you are not good with managing the forum, it is always going to end up being relegated into the background and abandoned.

That means mobile users of pet sites are increasing. I never had a look at that in the past anyways.
It is exactly what the statistics are showing right now and if this keeps going this way, if pet sites doesn't improve on how creative and innovative they are, it is going to affect them badly.

Reactions: Heatman