Would Android and IOS replace playing on pet site?

There's of course the competition here between mobile site users and desktop ones. But I think another important distinction is between mobile app and mobile website development. A lot of the statistics that get thrown around about mobile gamers nowadays relies on app download numbers to prove their viability. Whereas on a site-based pet sim there's less of a continuous external tracker. So I'm not too sure if the intended audience between a pet sim website is the same as one driven for a pet sim app. Of course there's probably a ton of overlap regardless.

Reactions: cpvr and Ja sa bong
There's of course the competition here between mobile site users and desktop ones. But I think another important distinction is between mobile app and mobile website development. A lot of the statistics that get thrown around about mobile gamers nowadays relies on app download numbers to prove their viability. Whereas on a site-based pet sim there's less of a continuous external tracker. So I'm not too sure if the intended audience between a pet sim website is the same as one driven for a pet sim app. Of course there's probably a ton of overlap regardless.
Generally, if users care so much about this continuous external tracking of what they do with apps they have installed, millions of people wouldn't be downloading apps as they're listed on Google Play Store or Apple store.

It is exactly what the statistics are showing right now and if this keeps going this way, if pet sites doesn't improve on how creative and innovative they are, it is going to affect them badly.
The portability of smartphone and how sophisticated they are built recently is one of the reason why most people now find it more efficient to make use of it instead of getting a laptop or PC.

Generally, if users care so much about this continuous external tracking of what they do with apps they have installed, millions of people wouldn't be downloading apps as they're listed on Google Play Store or Apple store.

That's my mistake for not clarifying my statement! What I meant by external tracker is just that developers would have that data more readily available, not that users themselves would care about the data.Tbh I doubt many would care, like you said lol.

That's the difference that I was trying to point out. Different types of people will search for a new pet sim to play from a mobile browser versus going straight to the app store.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
That's my mistake for not clarifying my statement! What I meant by external tracker is just that developers would have that data more readily available, not that users themselves would care about the data.Tbh I doubt many would care, like you said lol.

That's the difference that I was trying to point out. Different types of people will search for a new pet sim to play from a mobile browser versus going straight to the app store.
I get you well now mate. Thank you for taking the time to make things more clear. You're awesome.

Reactions: twinkletalon
I definitely think part of the reason for Neopets downfall was the rise of Mobile Gaming and the creators not reacting well enough to the changing market.
I agree, however, I also feel that Neopets’ downfall was caused by the lack of user support and the fact that it changed ownership so many times over the years. Some of the companies that owned Neopets failed to actually update the game and they wanted to change the very foundation that made Neopets popular.

For example, Jumpstart wanted to remake the classic Neopets game and turn it into a metaverse. This project was meant with a lot backflash and Neopets’ users weren’t pleased with it. It received a $4 million investment after previously selling $2 million worth of NFT’s.

They’re working on a new mobile game, Tales of Dacardia though. It recently just went into beta testing.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
I agree, however, I also feel that Neopets’ downfall was caused by the lack of user support and the fact that it changed ownership so many times over the years. Some of the companies that owned Neopets failed to actually update the game and they wanted to change the very foundation that made Neopets popular.

For example, Jumpstart wanted to remake the classic Neopets game and turn it into a metaverse. This project was meant with a lot backflash and Neopets’ users weren’t pleased with it. It received a $4 million investment after previously selling $2 million worth of NFT’s.

They’re working on a new mobile game, Tales of Dacardia though. It recently just went into beta testing.
I know that one way or another, Neopets will find a way to break into the mobile game's stream because it's completely unavoidable now if you really want your project to keep up with the trend and the ever changing taste of gamers.