Bodybuilding Question

Jason

Mar 7, 2024
I was told working out with machines wasn't a good workout. It was, in fact, a waste of time. I was advised to use dumbbells or free weights.

Using dumbbells and simple weights give you some natural experience of it. It is not that training with machines is wrong. With dumbbells, you can know when you are tired and need a rest faster.

What do you mean by working out with machines? Most gym tools for working out are machines. So, they are basically saying you don't or shouldn't use them apart from the manual one's like dumbbells?

What do you mean by working out with machines? Most gym tools for working out are machines. So, they are basically saying you don't or shouldn't use them apart from the manual one's like dumbbells?
Well, my friend was saying that machines don't allow you to use your natural weight as much. Anyway, I don't pay him much mind. I mean, you're still getting a workout, even if it's less of one.

Well, my friend was saying that machines don't allow you to use your natural weight as much. Anyway, I don't pay him much mind. I mean, you're still getting a workout, even if it's less of one.
Exactly! When it comes to working out, the machine helps you to do stuffs which your body can't do on their own. This is what makes them better.

Take a look at this leg workout by the rock. He can't get a better results without using those.

• Wow
Reactions: Ja sa bong
Exactly! When it comes to working out, the machine helps you to do stuffs which your body can't do on their own. This is what makes them better.

Take a look at this leg workout by the rock. He can't get a better results without using those.

Damn! This kind of workout is too much for me. If I should ever try this, my leg is definitely going to end up breaking. The Rock is a beast.

Reactions: Heatman
I would say that knowing how to combine the both of them in order to get a perfect result is always going to be more beneficial than using more of one of them.

You can definitely get toned up using machines but it's definitely a lot more difficult to build large muscle, however, it probably can be done.

You can definitely get toned up using machines but it's definitely a lot more difficult to build large muscle, however, it probably can be done.
Yes, build large muscles isn't a day's job. You have to go at it consistently for a long period of time before you will start seeing the results.

The machines makes it easier for you to work out successfully and more effectively. You don't have to put yourself through so much stress when there is a machine that can make it more effective for you to achieve your results.

I would say that knowing how to combine the both of them in order to get a perfect result is always going to be more beneficial than using more of one of them.
This is why some people have to use gym classes and their instructors for working out. These instructors are professionals, they give the best drills on how to use those machines.

Reactions: Heatman
Everybody has their hangups, I guess. He wants to be hardcore and avoid machines. He might be right, though. You can do all those exercises with weights.
Yes, that's true. To each and their own of what works out for them. Our bodies are different. When you find out what works for you, stick to it.

This is why some people have to use gym classes and their instructors for working out. These instructors are professionals, they give the best drills on how to use those machines.
I actually used to make use of their instructions when I used to go to the gym as a newbie but when I got better at working out on my own, I stopped using their services.