Dragginz - upcoming game by the founders of Neopets, Adam and Donna

cpvr

Owner
Administrator
Feb 7, 2020
Texas
Dragginz is an upcoming game that’s being development by the founders of Neopets, Adam and Donna. We’ll be posting previews and the latest information that becomes available regarding the development of Dragginz.
In a interview, Donna stated that Dragginz was actually the idea that they had planned for Neopets.
Dragginz is a 3D MMORPG set on a strange planet full of weird, wonderful and sometimes terrifying creatures. Play the game your way! Hatch and raise Dragginz to accompany you on your adventures. Harness the planet's latent magic as you explore, battle and learn key skills. Alchemy, Gardening and Cooking are just a few such skills, each of which can be enjoyed casually or as a way of life.

How users will be able to move items:

Meadowland testing phrase preview:

Pet Pathing

Are you looking forward to playing Dragginz when it opens up to the public?

Last edited:
Not to be that guy, but a quick glance over their social media shows that it might be a publicity failure a la Wildwork's Cinder with NFTs and blockchains being their most recent Youtube posts. Also every drop of concept art shown on their website is AI generated. As an artist it hurts my soul to see that their art director approved for their to be four entire pages of their site dedicated to showcasing AI art proof of concepts with no clear art style or theme.

Reactions: cpvr and Jackie
Not to be that guy, but a quick glance over their social media shows that it might be a publicity failure a la Wildwork's Cinder with NFTs and blockchains being their most recent Youtube posts. Also every drop of concept art shown on their website is AI generated. As an artist it hurts my soul to see that their art director approved for their to be four entire pages of their site dedicated to showcasing AI art proof of concepts with no clear art style or theme.
I didn't like the looks of the art either and it looked blurry, at times, to me.

Reactions: twinkletalon
I agree. It seems like they're entirely focused on minting and trading coins on their blockchain network (ICP) and not on building a quality game that everyone can play.

This thread on twitter shows how important their minting process is:

As an artist it hurts my soul to see that their art director approved for their to be four entire pages of their site dedicated to showcasing AI art proof of concepts with no clear art style or theme.

It's unfortunate that they're relying on AI-generated art, especially when they're fully capable of hiring top-notch artists to create unique art and designs. It's a shame, honestly."

The graphics look a little outdated if you ask me. The dragons look cool, but you'd think the textures/grass would look a little better.
Especially, coming from Neopets.

Game still looks rough, what is being used to make it with? Pretty sure RPG makers run better graphics.
According to their past development updates, they’re building the game on the SNS framework.

On the gaming front, the most prominent title emerging on the Internet Computer is from previous Neopets-developers Adam and Donna Powell, who announced they are adopting SNS to build fully onchain adventure MMORPG Dragginz. Using SNS enables them to fully involve their community in the game’s development, from proposals and voting to even impacting code updates.

They’re also using unity for their front end, but I’m not 100% sure if they’re still using it.
For the front end we’re using Unity and we want to use SpatialOS for the multiplayer networking layer, it allows us to have a huge world with millions of people playing simultaneously. We’re also using Google Cloud, CDN CircleCI and Kubernetes for deployment.

They recently released a new video where they talk about the game.

Not the video saying you "don't have to watch hours of youtube walkthroughs trying to beat that impossibly hard end-of-level boss". Even the very next sentence implied the MMO would have the variety of a linear story, morality system, and gardening! That's crazy ambitious for a team that's only just now doing promotional work.

Ok nvm I got further into the video and the AI voiceover said to think of it as like ready player one im crying. "There is no evil corporation to defeat" are you Sure About That. And they want a playable build out by the end of the year?? Wild.

I'm trying not to be too mean here! But, they're getting real ambitious with this project in a way that's lead lots of others to collapse in on themselves.