Guess Who's Back (Back Again)

KiRAWRa

Growing VPL Member
Approved VPL Artist
May 17, 2020
USA
It's me, KiRAWRa!
Seriously doubt anyone remembers me since I only posted once in a blue moon, but maybe you'll recognize me from Rescreatu or Aywas!
Anyway hey, it's good to be back!

I was cleaning out my folders this week and organizing my mountains of old VPS art from 2010-ish and it got me feeling all nostalgic. I went "gosh I sure do miss that VPL" and lo, it has resurfaced?? What timing!
Hope this place gets boppin' again.

Reactions: cpvr
Welcome back @KiRAWRa. How are you doing?
Heya cpvr!
Despite the current world situation, I'm doing pretty alright! /knock on wood
If I'm not mistaken, you're the owner of the original VPL, right? Your name is familiar. Maybe it's already common knowledge but I admittedly make my home under rocks, whatever happened with the first VPL iteration and why the re-launch?

Heya cpvr!
Despite the current world situation, I'm doing pretty alright! /knock on wood
If I'm not mistaken, you're the owner of the original VPL, right? Your name is familiar. Maybe it's already common knowledge but I admittedly make my home under rocks, whatever happened with the first VPL iteration and why the re-launch?
I’m glad to hear it! Yes, I am the owner of the original VPL. There was a lot of problems with our previous hosting provider and my personal life. However, everything is stable now and we decided to relaunch.
Are you still actively playing reacreatu and aywas? If yes, how are both of these pet games doing atm?

I’m glad to hear it! Yes, I am the owner of the original VPL. There was a lot of problems with our previous hosting provider and my personal life. However, everything is stable now and we decided to relaunch.
Are you still actively playing reacreatu and aywas? If yes, how are both of these pet games doing atm?
Ahh I see. Well I'm glad you're able to return to this project and give it some new life! I certainly can't be the only one addicted to petsites ;Þ
Rescreatu I'm not as active on as I once was, but my close friends either still play or are staff, so I'm still fairly in-the-know. They've been doing some long-needed fixes and updates to the site lately, which is really good to see, because there were some real slogs during my time as staff when getting any kind of update or new release out was practically impossible. I still think that site has a ton of unused potential, but I'm glad it's still around.
Aywas is holding on pretty well, though my activity has also waned. It's pretty well known among the playerbase that they're struggling financially. They've had to make some pretty big cuts to the art department, which has made many artists leave, which in turn makes the users leave because all their favorite artists are gone. It's quite sad to see. I've been playing regularly since 2015 and it feels like I joined right at the beginning of the decline. But I still log in daily - it's for sure my most favorite site I've ever played on. No other site comes close to the amount of creativity and customization you can get, and everyone has always been super nice!