Have you ever played an MMORPG?

Soulwatcher

VPL Elite Member
Approved VPL Writer
Mar 10, 2024
I don't recommend doing so, unless you want to kill your social life. But have any of you played an MMORPG? MMORPG, stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Where thousands of players play the game at the same time. And they are highly addicting. How about you? Have you ever played an MMORPG?

P.S. I have, and it ruined my social life for years.

When I was younger I absolutely no-lifed a lot of mmorpgs, but it was always the free-to-play ones (most of which are never free-to-play friendly though), I never got into anything that was incredibly popular like WoW or Runescape. Sometimes I try to go and revisit old games I've played just to see whats going on but as I've gotten older, I really can't be bothered with that type of gameplay as it really doesn't appeal to me anymore. I don't get how I was able to just sit there for hours doing the same things over and over again.

I've played so many, too many to count, but heres some I can remember that I enjoyed: Trickster, Tales of Pirates, Aura Kingdom, Digimon Masters Online, Elsword, Riders of Icarus, Fiesta, Dragomon, Dragons Nest, Flyff, AdventureQuest, and probably so many more that I can't think of. I didn't play each and every one of them faithfully, but I dabbled in each well enough to hit endgame.

Reactions: Soulwatcher
I played Ultima Online, the game that kind of started the MMORPG genre as we know it today, for much of my childhood. It kind of spoiled me for all the others; there aren't any others like it.

I don't recommend doing so, unless you want to kill your social life. But have any of you played an MMORPG? MMORPG, stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Where thousands of players play the game at the same time. And they are highly addicting. How about you? Have you ever played an MMORPG?

P.S. I have, and it ruined my social life for years.
I don't have a social life anyway.

To answer the question, yes, I love MMORPGs (more commonly called MMOs these days). Some personal favorites being EVE On-line, Second Life, Matrix On-line, Guild Wars, Auto Assault, among others. This was long before the explosion of "Free to Play" MMOs. Second Life is free, but you get a tonne of perks with a paid account.

Of the ones listed, only Second Life and EVE On-line still exist....

Not really, but I have played a RPGMMO, where I play a game of someone playing a MMO.
LOL

I don't have a social life anyway.

To answer the question, yes, I love MMORPGs (more commonly called MMOs these days). Some personal favorites being EVE On-line, Second Life, Matrix On-line, Guild Wars, Auto Assault, among others. This was long before the explosion of "Free to Play" MMOs. Second Life is free, but you get a tonne of perks with a paid account.

Of the ones listed, only Second Life and EVE On-line still exist....

LOL

To be fair, most of the SAO games of today is that kind of game play.

Reactions: zoldos
I've actually just started playing World of Warcraft for the first time in my life! Finally caved in after 20 years. It's pretty good! It's very confusing at times for my little brain but definitely fun playing with friends.

I've actually just started playing World of Warcraft for the first time in my life! Finally caved in after 20 years. It's pretty good! It's very confusing at times for my little brain but definitely fun playing with friends.
Just be careful not to let it consume your life because it slowly will if you are not careful.

Yes and my favorite is the elder scrolls online. It could use more attacks for each character though which is the only downside. But it's still a super fun game.

Reactions: zoldos
Oh, I have heard great things about EVE Online. How do you like it and do you get into spaceship battles too?
It's cool! Very deep and complex. It's $20 a month now, which is a bit steep. But all expansions since the very start have been free. Yes, there is a lot of inter ship combat, both PvP and PvE. I'm mainly a miner/industrialist tho. :)

I'm debating on getting a sub next month.....