How can pet sites become mobile friendly?

cpvr

Owner
Administrator
Feb 7, 2020
Texas
These days, a lot more users are playing pet sites on their smartphones instead of their laptop and/or pc.

So, as a player of pet sites, what do you think can help them become mobile friendly?

Some of my ideas that can help pet sites become more mobile friendly are:

-Push notifications when a user receives a new pm or a forum tag. These push notifications would send a user a text whenever they receive a new pm or forum tag.

-push notifications when a user receives a new bid on an auction or trade. Same concept as the above.

So, what features would you like to see pet sites implement that can help them become mobile friendly?

If it's possible to make a desktop version along with a mobile version but of the same site. It probably would take longer, but at least the website can cater specific advantages for desktop users vs simplicity and ease of use for mobile users for example.

I'm not sure what the term is, but perhaps having the website being able to "react" to change in window size and etc. to make it smaller and still fit everything would be good.

Making sure the website doesn't have unnecessary content can also help lower having so much going on the website that it's hard for mobile users and they find it overwhelming?

Just throwing ideas around.

Reactions: cpvr
A lot of it just comes down to the css... sensible responsive breakpoints for desktop vs laptop vs tablet vs phone. Most modern front-end frameworks give great tools for this, and explain it all in their docs, but you can DIY it as well. It is not so much complicated in itself as you can over-complicate it for yourself, is sort of the issue. Letting things collapse, expand, and stack differently based on screen size will make your site flow so much better regardless of screen, it's just something you have to consider at every stage to have a fully responsive site, and it does add up over time. Small things to continually consider.

A small thing that I think is overlooked the most would be margins! So simple, effective, and so often entirely unused on these games. Please give some breathing room between buttons, dropdowns, and navigational links. More than one game I love wholeheartedly, where all the time I am like ahhh why can't there just be some pixel space between these two lil nav links? These two drop downs in the previewer? When tapping on a phone screen, just some space between two clickables will help you not tap the wrong one accidentally. Just add some margins--or padding and larger font sizes. Basically, big buttons can be right by each other, but small ones need some space.

Reactions: cpvr
There's a way to build a pet site with a mobile-friendly design that it allows gamers to play the same game on their smartphone and have the same layout as it is on laptop or PC. They don't have to zoom to have access because the website design is mobile friendly and very responsive.

Reactions: Henrywrites
It's not like it use to be in the old days. It's more common nowadays to browse sites on your phones.

They can add a responsive theme to their pet sites to make it more compatible with mobile users.

Years ago it would have been difficult to make pet sites mobile friendly. Nowadays with technology advancing like it has and with the right people working on it, I feel many pet sites can now become pet friendly without too much of an issue.

There's a way to build a pet site with a mobile-friendly design that it allows gamers to play the same game on their smartphone and have the same layout as it is on laptop or PC. They don't have to zoom to have access because the website design is mobile friendly and very responsive.

This is what the owners or these sites should look at adopting. While it is not easy to do, it will help those mainly on mobile enjoy playing on it as well.

Reactions: Ja sa bong
This is what the owners or these sites should look at adopting. While it is not easy to do, it will help those mainly on mobile enjoy playing on it as well.
I would say everything depends on the kind of website builder they are using for the pet site. If your pet site isn't mobile friendly, you're the one losing potential users.

Just conforming to a person's phone is pretty much needed, so it is still easy to navigate and get around.
True! If the game when it's being played on mobile phone becomes very easy for the players to navigate and do everything without having to struggle with zooming in and out, it's a win for the game in being mobile friendly.