Well, hello there!

Vega

New VPL Member
May 23, 2020
US
Hello VPL... I was an old member (and moderator, for a short time) on the old version way back in the day! It's good to see the site is around again :) I fell off the petsite wagon for the most part, though I still check on Aywas and Flight Rising from time to time.

While I'm excited to try Dappervolk (tomorrow! finally!) my main reason for scouting this place out again is that I have been programming lately, and my long-time dream was to make a pet game.... so I'm back on that train. As of now, the details are shifting, but I look forward to sharing things once I get there.

Until then, hello!

Welcome back @Vega How are you doing?
I can’t wait to play Dappervolk as well. What things have you coded thus far? It’s never too late to create a pet site and I believe that you can do it!

@Vega

What language(s) are you learning? Coded anything interesting so far? I am a programmer myself been programming for years now and have a couple games myself (one was purchased though, but Eliyo I programming from the ground up). It's a lot of work, though programming is a great skill to learn either way and you definitely learn a lot in developing a game.

@cpvr I'm pretty good! Had a lot of free time on my hands due to Covid, so what better time to learn something new?

@Anoua Right now, I'm focusing on advanced javascript and mysql courses -- but then I hope to bring it all together by learning Node soon! I figure a game is a great way to test my skills well AND it's something I've always been fond of. Neopets was the reason I had an interest in coding in the first place!