How do you handle stress?

Henrywrites

90 And Up! VPL Member
Approved VPL Writer
Feb 22, 2024
Being stressed out can be a big issue for a lot of people. It's a situation where you are not giving your all at all because of not being totally focused. Have you ever been in that situation before? How did you handle it?

I deal with stress two ways, 1# I listen to music and that helps me calm down and if that doesn't work I take a nap or go to sleep for the rest of the night.

Listening to music is a good way to handle stress. I can agree that it has worked for me in the past whenever I felt overwhelmed with work activities.

Reactions: Soulwatcher
It depends on my mood, there are many things I do in order to handle my stress like playing video games, watching movies while relaxing and listening to music.

Working out is good for stress. However, I'm just now getting back into it. Anyway, when I was into that stuff, I liked jogging and dumbbells.

Note: This year I have gotten a lot of exercise with walking.

Reactions: Henrywrites
Working out is good for stress. However, I'm just now getting back into it. Anyway, when I was into that stuff, I liked jogging and dumbbells.

Note: This year I have gotten a lot of exercise with walking.

When you work out, you are building a lot of energy and that is very good for handling stress. No one is going to tell me otherwise when it comes to stress management.

Reactions: Jason
That's what I am doing is walking, and the pounds are just falling off. Right now I am walking, 4500+ steps a day and my goal is to hit 10k steps a day every day.
My daily average steps goal is set at 6000. I make sure not to go below 6k steps everyday. Yesterday, I managed 9875 steps.

I am the first to admit I don't handle stress too well and that can often make my health issues worse. I suffer from fibromyalgia and any kind of stress tends to make the pain and migraines I get worse.

I am getting better at managing my stress but it is taking some time.

I am the first to admit I don't handle stress too well and that can often make my health issues worse. I suffer from fibromyalgia and any kind of stress tends to make the pain and migraines I get worse.

I am getting better at managing my stress but it is taking some time.
The way my stress levels hikes depends on what's triggering it. If it's something very serious, it's going to be very difficult for me to control and manage it.